Tuesday, September 14, 2010

One Time When I Was Brave

One time when I was brave,
I travelled to the park with my Humanities class.
We walked on a trail, a foresty trail,
filled with nothing but trees, rocks, dirt and greenery bits.

On the day when I was brave,
I was following a classmate 2 feet away from me.
Our teacher told us to leave a huge gap from the person in front of us, but
Little does she know that "some people" will get easily lost that way.
P.S. I was that "some people".

At the time when I was brave,
I travelled alone on the yellow brick road.
Well...the road wasn't really yellow but out of all the paths I've taken, one was brighter than the other.
I followed and searched,
up and down,
inclining and decling,
until I reached the top of the hill.
The hill was filled with fresh light green hairs,
as if I am approaching the "Promise Land".

Step by step I climbed that hill,
and a light shined through my brown irises.
After a quick blink, I saw a group of people.
I smiled and thought excitedly,
"I found them, I found them!"

That time...I was brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment