Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Dinosaur in My Backyard

When I woke up, I heard and felt a rumble and a shake. I thought it was another California earthquake. So I dived under my desk looking all around, but I realized that the earthquake has a strange rhythm. I wondered, "Is someone dancing?" I slowly walked outside with my colorful pajama pants, a black tank top, and fuzzy bron slippers to my backyard and i couldn't believe my eyes! I thought I was dreaming but I could have sworn....THERE IS A DINOSAUR DANCING IN MY BACKYARD! The dinosaur saw me and suddenly stopped dancing.

I asked the dinosaur,"Why did you stop?"

The dinosaur looked frightened and embarrased.

I told the dinosaur, "What's your name?" He showed me his name tag. His name was Dex. I walked up to him and gave him a big hug. Dex cracked a smile.

"Wait here," I told Dex. I ran to the wooden shed behind him and opened the door. I looked through a bunch of stuff and found a boombox on the bottom shelf. I grabbed it and went back outside. I turned on the radio.

"Dance to this," I told Dex. And he danced and danced the craziest grooves. Dex could even do the moonwalk and crump.

"What the...?" I gazed in amazement. At that point, I thought I was still dreaming.

And I thought...

Tune in next week for more of the story of A Dinosaur in My Backyard.

4 comments:

  1. lmao XD... dinosaur named dex... suju is in most of my stories... i guess i am a fangirl -.-;;; lmao... stanford O.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dex!!! That hip hop dancing dinosuar!! WOOPWOOP!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for your mind! You have a good openeing that grabs my attention. Its not like " I have a dinosuar names so-and-so.."
    To me that is a cliche! Way to go stanford! Way to go! I'm proud!

    ReplyDelete