Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Tribute to a Special Grandmother

     My grandmother is a very special person in my life.  She does a lot of things to make people happy.  Without her, I wouldn’t be like I am today.  I don’t know anyone else that is as special as she is.
     My grandmother’s qualities make her a special person.  There are a few I can name.  She takes care of me while my mother goes to work.  She washes my clothes, cleans the house, picks up the groceries and any clothes I need, and cooks.  She helps me to overcome difficult problems. She raised me to be the best I can be and never give up.  She gives away gifts for those in need.  She’s very funny when she tries to make up jokes. What’s most important, she has time for me.
     You might ask how I know this information.  Well, I’m around her most of the time.  I watch her around the house.  I laugh at her funny jokes. My mother told me that after my father died, we moved from West Covina to my grandmother’s house in Compton.  My grandmother retired from her job as a preschool teacher to help take care of us.  I have watched her overcome problems she had to face.  She gives away my old clothes sometimes to others.  I watch her volunteer at events around the church.  I watch her support others.
     For all of the things I have talked about and other special things I know she will do in the future, I would like to give this tribute my grandmother, Earnestine Fletcher.  

No comments:

Post a Comment