Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Amelia Earhart- An Admiring Individual

from “AMELIA EARHART” ADVENTURE IN THE SKY 
I like to be very active even if the things that I do are boy things…like playing baseball, basketball, tennis, horseback riding, and swimming.  I got a sled like the boys had on Christmas when I was six years old.  I sled down the mountain and it made me feel like I was flying.  On my ninth birthday, my parents had me taken up in an airplane. Parents didn’t like me playing with their girls and getting dirty like boys.  Other children didn’t like me because I was different, so they didn’t invite me to their parties. I set dozens of speed and altitude record.  I was the first woman to fly alone around the Atlantic Ocean.  I was the first pilot male or female to fly solo from Hawaii to California; from California to Mexico City; from Mexico City to Newark, New Jersey.  I inspired thousand of people to take up flying.  As a writer and public speaker, I made millions of friends for aviation.What made me happiest was being in the sky flying.  The advise I would give to your is read a lot of books.  This will help you learn what you would like to do when you grow up.  Never let anyone tell you that you can’t do something, when you know you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment