Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I Am Special

Observation is a human being’s sixth sense. My sight, taste, touch, sense of smell, and ability to hear are the basic senses needed for someone like myself to be aware of the environment that surrounds me. When I was younger, I would notice every speck of detail of the things around me that other people cannot even see. I remember going outside in my backyard to just be around the fresh air. I would lie across the grass to look at the white fluffy clouds in the sky and sit on the concrete porch to look at the huge forest green tree that always linked against my wired fence and the neighbor's house across the back of my house. I saw clouds that formed into a train, a loaf of bread, bubbles, flowers, a dog stretching its back, and even a human eye. In the tree, I saw formations of pencils, bow ties, a smiley face, an anchor, a megaphone, and so much more. No matter where I am, I find the most unique details that really catch my eye.One of the things I observe once a year are hummingbirds. These bird-like insects hover in one place, move side to side, and glide forwards and backwards. I have never seen a bird do that! My eyes follow its extraordinary zigzag patterns making many Z’s, O’s, and a few loopy-loop U’s. These little hummers fly in supersonic speed, creating their own invisibility cloak to mask their wings as if they are hiding a secret to their flying magic trick. I am so amazed by its colorful feathers, its needle-like beak, and its flight pattern. Exploring the ways of the hummingbird not only gave me more independence, but a realization of the talents I acquire through observation.

No comments:

Post a Comment