Wednesday, October 6, 2010

One Member of My Extended Family

There is one particular person I miss very dearly. My uncle. He always visited me for 10 years of my life. By the age of 11, he moved to Nebraska and married my new aunt. My uncle was and still is my second father. I didn't have a father for 12 years until my mother got married the second time. Now I have a third father. My uncle was always the "tech-guy". When my mother and I got our first home computer, he helped assemble it and gave us instructions on how it worked. My mother was always the confused one who cannot work with technology that well, but since my uncle left, his knowledge passed down to me, and now I am the "tech-chick". When my uncle comes for my high school graduation, my family and I would spend time together like how the family used to be. Just like old times. This time I would be the one driving. It'll be a complete surprise to him. My uncle taught me how to ride a bike when I was about 6 years old but I never practiced, so at that point I didn't know how to ride a bike. One of our phone conversations recently was about me learning how to drive. He said,"If you can't ride a bike, then how on earth are you going to able to drive?" We both laughed. I told him,"I ridden a bike recently and had gotten a few bruises, but I am very sure I can drive a car." We both laughed again.
If is one member of my extended family that I would spend an afternoon with, it would be my Uncle Ronald, my second father.

No comments:

Post a Comment