Monday, October 25, 2010

My Ideal Vacation

Imagine this. As I land on foreign soil away from home, I open my eyes and peer through the airplane window. I see the beautiful mountains iced with snow at its peak far away in the distance. I walk down the stairs of the airplane and I see a beautifully historical city filled with fascinating architectural buildings, parks, rivers and bridges. As the sun's rays beam down to penetrate my skin, I quickly apply sunblock all around my body and my face. I walk down the stony roads and pass by many markets, restaurants, clothing and shoe stores, and souvenior shops. I take a taxi and I am led to the other side of the foreign land. This part of the land has incredibly soft, room temperature sand that sinks my feet onto the top layer of the cold wet beach sand. Yes, now I am at the beach. I hear a peaceful breeze gently brushing against my arms and legs. I feel the gentle kiss of the moist air refreshing my lips to a new salty taste. The oceans sparkle in the daylight showing off its beautful clear blue waters. I walk again towards a grassy area. I rub my feet back and forth between the blades of grass and I lay backwards. I am on top of this small grassy cliff and look at the sky above me. I close my eyes and breathe in the succulent air that opens my lungs and all other air passageways. After a few minutes, I open my eyes. I take out my notepad and pencil from the back of my pants pocket and draw from memory the places and scenery I have seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment